Monday, May 14, 2012

Star for a day! and update on running...

It's been a while...I don't do a very good job of this blog stuff. First, an update on my running. (See post below) I have been running a mile about 2 - 3 times a week for a month. I actually ran while I was in Florida for 2 weeks. Amazing that I got up and ran before I did the lazy-sit-on-a-beach-chair thing. But I did. And I found it easier to run there than here. Not sure why. More sleep? Flat ground? Warmer temps? could be anything. I am still plugging along. I figure at some point it will get easier...right?

Now about being a star for a day -- my company sent a professional film crew to my house to interview ME on why I take our products. That was easy. (I know the answer: I FEEL GREAT on our products;more energy, no aches and pains, headaches gone, hot flashes diminished!) Next, we went out to the Portland Head Light - a well known landmark here and a big tourist destination. I guess that's called being "on location" when talking film speak! Anyway, the idea is to show lifestyles of some of us distributors. Since I paint, they thought it would be REALLY COOL to film me painting a picture of the most photographed light house. Yea, right. No pressure there. Worse yet, just as I was getting ready to paint, the weather decided to get colder, cloudier and windier. Try drawing a straight line with the paintbrush in the wind.

I have to say, it was a remarkable experience in many different ways. I was the center of attention for a day for 4 people who make a living in marketing, photography and production. Second, I got to see first hand the tremendous amount of work that goes into a 1and 1/2 minute video. (Can you say, ALL DAY? and you should see all the equipment!) Thirdly, I got to try my hand at a little bit of acting....smile, hold the paintbrush this way, stand that way and look out over the ocean, etc). I certainly won't be heading to Hollywood anytime in the near future. I only wish I had taken pictures of these incredible guys taking pictures!!

When the video gets released, I will certainly share it -- probably won't be until August or September. In the meantime, here is a photo and the painting....take care!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Great painting! I love it:) Sounds like you had an interesting day too...can't wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete