Sunday, April 1, 2012

I hate running. OK I said it. I have a lot of friends who are runners, so don't hate me. I used to run when I was in my 20s; I grew up dancing (ballet) but after college, I knew I had to keep physically fit especially after securing the dreaded "desk" job. So I ran. And never liked it.
So what makes me think I'll like it now? Hmm, nothing. Except this: My aerobics class isn't enough cardio, walking is great, but maybe not quite enough. And I really want to lose weight.
So....I started running mailbox to mailbox. Even for 5 or 10 minutes at a time, with walking in-between. And I started eating kale and spinach salads.
So far, it's helping. Adding just 2 extra days to my weekly 3 day a week aerobics class  (which is actually 20 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training) I have noticed it's easier to lose weight. So while you may not see me sign up for the 5K races, I am always trying to improve my own performance! (and someday look like the lady above???)
Here's a great salad dressing for your spinach salad:
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teas sugar (no, I use stevia)
1 1/2 teaspoons of mustard
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
Mix together and pour over fresh organic spinach mixed with cut up apple and walnuts. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! I'm glad I have been a good influence on you!! If you have a phone that takes apps get the Get Running...that's what I used and it worked great. I truly miss it now if I don't run...I feel so much better. I have lost a few pounds, but I have toned up a lot! Keep going Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete