I didn’t get unhealthy in the last few days…and I’m not going to change all of my habits at once! I would be very unhappy!
Don’t tackle them all at once. Start with ONE. These suggestions are not necessarily just for those trying to lose weight. It's also good to remember that your body will function better with good nutrition. By changing unhealthy habits, you can help yourself avoid diabetes, heart disease, cancer, arthritis and other diseases.
- stop drinking soda (even diet soda. Studies have linked diet soda drinkers to greater risk of diabetes, stroke, heart attack and decline in kidney function)
- do 10 sit-ups, 10 pushups and 10 squats. That’s all. Every other day, not every day. Walk 5 minutes. Then 10. Then 15.....one foot in front of the other.
- Cut out potatoes and bread.
- Cut out dessert and candy.
- Quit eating fast food for lunch.
- Stop eating in front of the TV.
I know a lot of you are already on the healthy track. Please share by commenting what you do that might benefit others!